Tuesday 9 July 2013

Week 26 July 2013

Its beginning to look like I have given up on Photography but that is far from the case, just haven’t had the opportunity recently to capture anything I like. Have taken lots of snapshots of my grandchildren and the usual daily stuff.  But I have, as shown in other bits of this blog, started to draw on the iPad. When my Grand children we a little younger a series of photos was take by their father on his phone. In these photos they looked like they were been attacked and then defeated their Gruffello toys. So I had the idea of changing them into a mini comic book. So asked if I could use the photos as reference. At first I used a method I had used before in Photoshop but wasn’t too happy with results and decided to draw by hand but was taking too long in PS as didn't get enough time sat on my Lappy, So was put on a back burner.

Here is where the IPad comes in. First I used “Brushes” and made a rough colour sketch. Then opened the sketch in “InkPad” and inked in the outlines and blocked in the colours. I then put into an app called “halftone” and put in the dots. Opened in “Sketchbook Pro “ both the inkpad drawing and the halftone version and erased some of the halftone. This is the first frame and I have decided to miss out the speech bubbles and Pows ad biffs until I join all the frames as one piece. Have quiet decide how that will work yet might have to finish in PS or perhaps InkPad again. Then I’m going over lay some texture to make the pages look papery.

This is the first frame.2013-07-09 11.22

No comments:

Post a Comment